Education Works' Mathematics Approaches are designed to develop ways to use and apply maths to build on basic skills in real-life contexts. Maths in Context brings planning into practice and helps children understand the maths context. Triangulating Progress supports target-setting and demonstrates progression. Maths Wizard actively promotes maths problem-solving in a fun and interactive way. Talking Maths targets speaking and listening skills to support children in the use of mathematical vocabulary.
Each of EW Ltd's approaches have been carefully developed to tackle the specific challenges that teachers face to plan, deliver and track a practical, meaningful and successful mathematics curriculum in today's primary schools.
Mathematics Approaches Benefits
- increase children's confidence in maths skills
- build on basic skills by engaging with children
- support teachers and TAs - put planning into practice
- interactive approaches drawing on real-life contexts.
- can be applied from Year 1 to Year 7 throughout school year
- provide framework for tracking and showing progression
Education Works offers the following Mathematics programmes:
Maths in Context - maths in context plans and learning environments
Triangulating planning, tracking and book sampling - an innovative approach to pupil progress.
Talking Maths, based on the Talking Partners programme, specifically develops the use and understanding of mathematical language.
Maths Wizard - an innovative, interactive mathematics problem solving day