"Strong reading skills are key to learning in all areas of the curriculum. For many primary school children, reading is mechanical and lacking in meaning. Children often lack motivation to read and are unable to problem solve words independently." Gill Cartwright, Retired Reading Support Consultant, Education Works.
Education Works offers bespoke consultancy for Teaching Assistants, Support Assistants, Learning Mentors and volunteers so that they can work successfully with children to address reading difficulties and boost their reading age. Boosting Reading Potential - BRP - supports the acquisition of good reading skills and is specifically designed to improve the way children read, enabling them to be independent problem-solvers who read with understanding and enjoyment.
For Teaching Assistants
- In-depth knowledge of the reading process
- Enjoyable training with activities to practise skills
- Easy to implement resource
- Reading with more enjoyment and understanding
- Increased motivation and confidence
- Develop skills to be independent problem-solvers
Education Works offers BRP - Boosting Reading Potential (formerly The Better Reading Partnership), a successful reading intervention programme designed to help improve the way children read. Read more about BRP>