Talking Partners Accreditation Opportunities
Education Works Ltd and Edge Hill University are offering you an opportunity to gain accreditation that is linked directly to the work you are already doing as part of this programme.
The expectation is that you will attend Talking Partners training to familiarise you with the requirements of the Programme. You can then follow the guidance to help you to construct a portfolio using the evidence you have gathered from implementing the Talking Partners programme. You can submit and gain University Credits at Level 4.
You can use them as part of your CV, or in discussions with your line manager about your Professional Development, to demonstrate how you have continued to learn.
At Level 4 you can use the credits to be exempt from modules on the following:
- BA Teaching Learning and Mentoring Practice
- Foundation Degree in Professional Development at Edge Hill University.
- University Certificate in SEN and additional needs.
(Other Universities may accept the credits if they are relevant to the learning outcomes of the programme you are applying for)
As soon as you register you will have a user name and password, this gives you on-line access to the Learning Services department and Edge Hill University tutors. You will get access to an area on our virtual learning environment and guidance in to help you put your work together step by step. Don’t worry if you have not worked in this way before, we have experienced tutors that will help you. The Talking Partner Trainer who delivered your initial training course would also support you, particularly with the planning and recording of the 10 week programme and with collecting evidence.
You can decide – you can take up to 12 months to hand in your work.
Below you will find a suggested framework for developing a portfolio of evidence that will meet the learning outcomes of this module.
Section 1: Introduction/Rationale:
In this section you are setting the context for your work. This might include:
- Your role and what this involves?
- A brief description of your school/setting ( do not name the school):
Numbers on Roll Primary/Secondary/Special
- The ethical issues associated with this project?
Safeguarding confidentiality and gaining permissions to use information e.g. anonymity of child/children/Teaching Assistant
- A description of Talking Partners and where it ‘fits’ in the school or setting in terms of an intervention programme.
- Who are the pupils you are working with, why have they been identified and who have you worked with collaboratively to make the decision to include these children on the programme.
- How you are going to operate the Talking Partners Programme? Description of the activities you are going to do as part of the Talking Partners programme.
Section 2: Carry Out the Tasks and Collect Evidence
In this section you need to describe what you did and collate the evidence you have generated while you have implemented the programme. Examples of evidence could be – observation notes, pupil progress sheet, lesson records, assessment sheets, anecdotal comment, (e.g. conversation with parent/other staff), photos or resources etc.
Section 3: Evaluation
In this section you need to reflect on the outcomes of the programme and evaluate its success (or otherwise). You should note that you do not have to have a ‘successful’ outcome for you to be successful in gaining accreditation. For example:
- What happened? Results, Observations, Feedback from those involved.
- Did everything go according to plan? Why/Why not?
- How have you changed your practice as a result of this programme?
- How has the project made an impact? On pupils/pupil learning, your professional practice
- Make reference to any theory or research that you have learned about in the training that has made you stop and think about your practice
- Next steps and an Action Plan for the next implementation of the programme.
If you do not have a degree, there is currently no charge for this accreditation as there is a partnership between Edge Hill University and Education Works. (costings will be reviewed from 31st July 2012)
Fill in the registration form and return it to the address on the back of the form. If you would like further information please contact us;